Once upon a time, there was a girl named Rachel Clare. She was energetic and busy and full of life. Then she had a baby, and suddenly she was tired and lethargic. Then that baby started sleeping through the night, and she was able to feel like herself again. Then Rachel Clare had another baby (this one a bit harder than the first) and she was tired and lethargic and wondered if she'd ever feel like herself again. Then that baby started sleeping through the night (much later than the first), and she again found her old self. Then she had a third baby, the same year she turned 30. And it was all downhill from there. She is tired and lethargic and sometimes (more than sometimes?) impatient and a tad grumpy. She's chalking it up to the fact that she hasn't slept for 4 months. Despite this fact, she's still desperately in love with the following baby, and plans on sleeping through the night soon. Because she wants to feel like herself, once again.
Little Maura Clare is 4 months old today. And she's just such a peach! (Well, from 7am-7pm anyway...)

webMaura4mo5.jpgwebMaura4mo4.jpgwebMaura4mo3.jpgwebMaura4mo2.jpgwebMaura4mo1.jpg

Comments
Ellen says:

Oh my goodness, these are precious. We WILL sleep through the night again at some point, right? ;)

(03.24.10 @ 02:22 PM)
Jeannette Howard says:

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

(03.24.10 @ 02:27 PM)
kathi Cook says:

Oh my gosh, I need to hold her! I want to hold her and have that sweet fuzzy baby head under my chin and breathe in that yummy baby goodness. She's so beautiful Rachel! She's just delicious!!!! And, a 12 hour stretch of being wonderful is pretty good :) Did I mention that she has good fashion sense? I love her little dress.

(03.24.10 @ 02:39 PM)
Leilani says:

Her lips are so precious! Please tell me where you found her! And that dress is so sweet on her.

(03.24.10 @ 02:44 PM)
Helene says:

O.M.G. RACHEL!!!! Who cares about sleep when you have this little piece of sunshine in your life! She is just the sweetest thing. GORGEOUS! And I have to now where you got that yellow dress! Must have it for my shot on Saturday ;)

(03.24.10 @ 02:50 PM)
Katie Williams says:

She is PERFECT in every way!

(03.24.10 @ 03:04 PM)
Jennifer N says:

Once upon a time Jennifer n felt the exact same way as Rachel Clare! And thinks baby MC is a total peach! I just want to eat her cutie face up!

(03.24.10 @ 03:34 PM)
Lizzie says:

Rach, she is such a DOLL! I love these! (And YES- definitely blue-eyed! Too cool! You can tell her she gets it from her auntie. :) Though I think hers are bluer than mine.) I LOVE HER!

(03.24.10 @ 04:28 PM)
Earlene says:

She is so gorgeous, Rachel! These sleepless night WILL end sometime. Good thing she's so cute, huh? Try to enjoy ever minute. It all passes so quickly. For instance, how can E be 6 years old already? Crazy! Love ya!

(03.24.10 @ 05:58 PM)
Jen says:

Awww the yumminess. I miss her already! Sleep...sleep, sleep. Wherefore art thou sleep?? I miss it too. Was just thinking today what a lame mom I am lately & how I used to be so energetic & fun. Oh yeah, that was when I was sleeping all night every night. Not having a full night's rest in 6+ months is not good for anyone. BUT I know it will come....I'm waiting..................

(03.24.10 @ 09:34 PM)
crystalyn says:

first of all, she's gorgeous. second of all, this too shall pass. third of all, perhaps the fact that i had my first child at the age of 30 is why i am chronically exhausted ; ) thanks for the insight.

and in all seriousness, i hope you can start feeling like yourself soon.

(03.24.10 @ 10:51 PM)
Megan says:

These are absolutely beautiful, and so refreshing. I'm a huge fan. Love these.

(03.25.10 @ 10:12 AM)
jen fauset says:

I'm your number one fan you know. she is, of course, stunning.

(03.26.10 @ 10:05 AM)
gina says:

adore these pics! i would just like to say my charlotte is 2 and STILL not sleeping through the night...

(03.26.10 @ 09:52 PM)
Anonymous says:

Seriously - the most perfect lips I have EVER seen!!!!!

(04.02.10 @ 11:32 AM)