I have a friend. She is, outside of my family, my best friend. We've known each other for eons.... or has it just been two years? Impossible. We met, we talked, we laughed, we compared, we shared, we talked some more, we laughed some more, and I cried when I had to leave (not sure if she knew about that). Jen is the best $1000 I've ever spent. And she came to visit me this week with her four littles in tow.

It was loud, to be sure. 7 kids, ages 7 months to 7 years. Yikes. But through all of the commotion, the screeching, the laughter, the tears, and then (after bedtime) the silence, we got to hang out, and just chat. And just enjoy being together. Today I made her go outside for 3 minutes with her littlest one and take their pictures, because she doesn't have any images of the two of them together. I'm glad she indulged me. :)

Thank you to JT for being so helpful, for being patient, and allowing us to go out in the evenings. Thank you, Jen, for coming. I love you, I miss you already, and I'm counting down the days til we play again next month.

blogJen_series1.jpgblogJen_6242.jpgblogJen_6237.jpg

blogJen_series1.jpgblogJen_6242.jpgblogJen_6237.jpg

Comments
Ellen says:

These are precious - and what a fun girl time! ;)

(07.11.10 @ 05:57 PM)
christy says:

Aww! She is as beautiful outside as she is on the inside....and so very lucky you "made" her do this! Your post made me all teary eyed.....you two share such a beautiful bond and friendship and that is a rare thing to come by. So glad you got to spend time together. I can only imagine how crazy things got with 7 kids!!

(07.11.10 @ 06:06 PM)
Dana F says:

Sheer magic - so happy you two have found such a close connection in each other and that you are able to spend so much time together this summer. Truly a gift!

You are an incredible pair! (next time I would love to see pics of the two of you TOGETHER!)

And congrats to you all for surviving 7 excited kids under 7! That deserves an award!

(07.11.10 @ 08:41 PM)
Jennifer Chaney says:

Sooo sweet! I love the story of your friendship, too. Thanks for forcing her out to get her pictures taken! I love seeing Jen with her babe!

(07.11.10 @ 08:47 PM)
Helene says:

Such a sweetnstory and bond you guys have. These images are priceless!! How about some of the two of you together??

(07.11.10 @ 08:59 PM)
rachel clare says:

Dana & Helene, we already have big plans for a photo session together. We just have to formulate when and where we're going to have Ms. Tara Whitney shoot us!

(07.11.10 @ 09:23 PM)
Katie says:

These are so precious - love the last one! Did you guys venture to get one of all 7 kids together??!! That would have been a challenge!! :)

(07.11.10 @ 10:02 PM)
heather says:

one word - AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

(07.12.10 @ 04:56 AM)
tara k says:

you two are brave, hilarious, sweet and gorgeous. your amazing story and beautiful images make my heart sing...love you both! :)

(07.12.10 @ 08:16 AM)
sarah says:

yay!!!! Jen!!!! She is so pretty. Rachel, I'm so glad you got photos of her and her little guy together.

(07.12.10 @ 08:17 AM)
Jen says:

Sniffle....I love you dear friend. Thank you SO MUCH for these. I'm so so soooo happy we took those few minutes, even if I did feel sweaty & gross. Gosh my baby is cute. :P I so wanna buy that house for sale next door so we can sit out on your porch & talk each night. I miss you so much already & I too am counting the days for our next "playdate". Thank you for putting up with my crazy crew. Telll JT I owe him one...or a million. :) xoxo

(07.12.10 @ 12:10 PM)
~SarahInParis~ says:

Fabulous images Rachel and my goodnes Jen you are gorgeous and that little man of yours is SOOOO cute! Thanks for sharing ladies (Rachel -your talent and Jen - your gorgeousness!!)

(07.12.10 @ 02:12 PM)
Misty Jones says:

These are beautiful! I love the story of your friendship!!

(07.12.10 @ 07:27 PM)
Cindy says:

Beautiful photos Rachel!! And beautiful Jen and her little boy! Sounds like your weekend together was wonderful!

(07.13.10 @ 03:48 PM)
Laurie K. says:

Oh my goodness these images are so sweet! Jen, you are GORGEOUS and your little man could not be cuter!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!

(07.15.10 @ 11:14 AM)
Lindsay Silsby says:

Oh gosh....love it! Can't wait for our photo shoot and some Rach time!!

(07.19.10 @ 12:07 PM)
becky says:

LOVE these - what a great gift!!! This makes me want to have a reunion of all the great people who spent $1000 to meet each other. :)

(08.14.10 @ 04:34 PM)